Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Stay on the Leash!!!

I’m sure you’ve heard of that 11th commandment: Know thyself. Long story, but Sunday morning I was moved strongly that I wanted and needed to stay SO CLOSE to the Lord. I just kept hearing those words, saying those words to Jesus “I wanna be so close!” Well, God, in His great sense of humor, gave me a picture of a mom with a child on one of those stretchy leash things. Ya know what I’m talking about? Sorry, if I don’t know the correct term for them (never been a mother of small children). All I know is that my mom wishes they’d been invented back when I was little! Loved to hide in the clothing racks of every store! Drove my parents nuts! Anyway, the Lord showed me that picture and let me know that I’m still one of those kids, that I need to stay connected and super close to Him, IF I want to become what He’s called me to, IF I wanna hear His every word to me, IF I wanna be sure I don’t fall down. Wow! I thot that was really cool…after I got over the sting of Him telling me that I’m ‘one of those’. Lol! Like I didn’t already know that. I did. I know myself, but I needed God to make that point with me. He let me know that I could stay that close to Him, where I hear Him and feel Him, but I must ‘stay on the leash’. I don’t know about you, but I tend to wander. I tend to wanna go my way, do my thing. I tend to ‘hide’ when I’m mad or frustrated or sad or whatever…but I need to stay that close! I need God’s presence in my life every moment of every day. I need to be close enough to hear what HE has to say about my situation, how HE feels about me, how much HE loves me, especially when things are tough! I’ve asked Him to show me the things that separate me from Him, that bring distance between us, so I can remove them. So, my new goal is to ‘stay on the leash’. Just like everything our Father does, it’s for our own good. He’s a good God and a good Father, the best really, and I think He’s whispering to us all “Stay close, my child. Stay close”. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment